Self betterment.

Today has been so great! I had a moment when I decided that "enough is enough". I am tired to death of not having enough time in my life for creative output. I am going to challenge myself, and when that happens, usually something good results. I have been putting so much energy into other things... teaching and planning for my new job, worrying about administrative tasks, house remodeling, the wedding a few months ago, my students and their needs and activities, and the list goes on - I really want to do something about my lack of creative time. So I went and got some art supplies and I spent the afternoon today drawing in my new sketchbook. I am posting the results online elsewhere for my own use, and when I am ready to share some of it, rest assured I will. Today I just reacquainted myself with my motor skills and my pencil. After so many years of concentrating on the computer and not much else, it was nice to get back to some real nitty gritty drawing. I'm rusty, but I was pleased that I can still draw. Not at the level I need to be able to and that I know I am capable of, but I can still do it.

Every day, I am going to do something creative and post it to check on myself. It may not be more than a photograph or a quick sketch, but there will be some form of creative endeavor just for me. If I don't tell myself to do this in some systematic way, I fear I will never bother to make time for me. So it starts now. I feel better already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!