Great day! No snow though.

I remember at the beginning of this day I anxiously looked out the window and was hoping to see some beautiful drifting snowflakes. That didn't happen. The weather forecast had the snow predicted too far north, and we got nothing here at our house. School went on as usual. As it turns out, I am very glad that it didn't interfere with the school day, because so many great things happened that I would have hated to miss out on it.

Number one, I received word of some great news regarding a couple of my students and CalArts. Their early round of letters of acceptance have gone out, and both Conner and Ryan were on the accepted list! I know that Conner has CalArts as his number one school, so I feel that he will attend. I am hopeful that once the scholarship offers go out, he is on that list as well! Ryan has now been accepted by four of the five schools that he has applied to: he was offered a $16,000 per year scholarship by SCAD, and he has been accepted also at CalArts, MICA, and Ringling. He still has not heard back from Pasadena Art Center. I feel that he will be accepted there as well, but time will tell. I didn't get to see Ryan today, but I did see Conner... you couldn't wipe the smile off his face! I was (and am) so thrilled for him. He was so touchingly thankful to me for helping him, and that made me feel very appreciated. I was so glad to see his dream come true.

Pictured: Examples from Ryan's portfolio. A logo design for Clarkie's Grill designed on his current design internship at the University of North Texas. Self portrait.

Ryan has been pondering his options, and I believe that he is leaning toward Art Center if he is accepted there. I hope his dream will come true too, and I hope that I will be receiving a lot of California correspondence next year as Karen To finishes her last year at CalArts and we start a few new students on the west coast.

In other news, this afternoon I got to do a walk-through tour of the new Career Center East. It was awe-inspiring! I walked into the new design studio for the first time, and even though it is still unfinished, I can see how amazing it is going to be! I will write a blog entry about this experience complete with photos tomorrow. Today has been overwhelmingly positive.

Comments

  1. oh my darn!
    I'm so happy I happened upon this blog!
    It's Michael, sorry I haven't been keepin' tabs with you and all, but I'm sure this blog can help. haha
    I'm excited to hear how talented everyone is and how awesome they're all doing.
    Keep it up!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael! Great to hear from you. I'll email soon. I'm getting ready to go to Waco for District. Busy but anxious to catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!