Career Center East open for a walk through for staff

I got the thrill of a lifetime just a day ago. I was able to tour the new Career Center East and to see what is soon to become the new Graphic Design and Illustration studio. My impressions of the first time in the building could not be stronger. I was completely knocked out by the experience of being within the walls of the building. I have such strong feelings of anticipation, and I am ready to see the completion of the building within the next few months. It isn't just the building of the structure though, it is the building of the team that really matters most to me. As I begin to work with new people...our principal, Adrian Moreno, and the "core four" as he referred to us - the first four teachers hired for positions, which include Billy Carter, photo at left, (the current webmastering and computer programming teacher from Marcus HS who will be teaching programming classes at the new CCE) I begin to more strongly feel the bonding of a new group with a shared vision. It seems to be very important to build a team with enthusiasm and energy, a team with lots to contribute to the education of the students we are going to be privileged to teach starting next August. Until then, we have a wonderful group of students that we are working with this year and we will be excited to finish this school year and work with our talented seniors as they head toward graduation.

As I walked around inside the unfinished CCE and listened to the construction foreman tell us about each area and the finish out plans, I realized that this building is being planned very intelligently. There are no rooms that are so specialized that they could not be utilized in multiple ways, and the space is designed to serve people. It is built to serve our district, our students, educators and the community at large. I am very proud of the decisions that have been made with regard to this center, and I can hardly wait to see it in June when it should be complete. I did sense that it was the start of something big. I know that it can be the starting point for a lot of career plans, and to me there is no more important reason for education. We need productive and satisfied people in the workforce, and people need to find what they love. Inside these walls will be future lawyers, doctors, engineers, designers, animators, computer programmers, architects.... the list goes on. We will be an integral part of putting academics to work for students, and that is a great calling. I feel privileged to be a small part of that.

Welcome to the world, Career Center East! All of us will be happy when the school year gets underway in 2010 and we can open the doors for the first time, allowing students to absorb the atmosphere and enter into a great experience.

It brings a smile to our faces!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!