Ahhh, we start a new week.

This may be one of those weeks that feels as though it is starting one day before I am really ready for it to. I had a very busy weekend, and that is on the heels of a pretty hectic week last week. I know that I should be well rested after a relatively peaceful Sunday, but I could use another day to recuperate I think. However, I'm sure it will be fine once the day is underway. Once I get to school and get busy, I get re-energized.

I guess the most exciting thing that happened this weekend was more remodeling completed at our house, and more plans finalized for the wedding. Hailey and DJ joined us for dinner this evening in Las Colinas at a place called Via Real. I guess we are now considering this as a venue for the rehearsal dinner. I had their coconut encrusted shrimp, asparagus, and cilantro potatoes. I enjoyed it. DJ had a traditional Mexican platter and Mark and Hailey went for the fajitas. We looked over the facilities for special events, and it all looks very nice. I guess we will let the bride and groom discuss it and see if that is what they decide that they want.

Tuxedos are on reserve, the groom's family's responsibilities are all taken care of. I guess this wedding can officially happen! Poor Hailey is feeling sick tonight with a sore throat. She is worried to get sick right now because she just got promoted at her job. She is now working for the Michael Kors fashion division, and she is starting in her new position next week. It seems like she and DJ are both under new stresses right before their wedding. DJ is being handed new tasks at TM too, the person above DJ who used to be a presenter left TM to go to the Richards Group, so DJ is taking on some of her responsibilities. All of this in the month before their wedding! Isn't that the way life goes?

Andi came by for awhile today. She was interested in talking about college, and is considering a New Media major at Texas A&M Commerce rather than finishing at UNT. The only paths at UNT
Communication Design are art direction and graphic design. According to DJ, most of the people that TM is hiring have big backgrounds in digital/interactive as well as print. If she is wanting to make more money and be more hireable, a New Media degree might be more adviseable. It seems like a really good idea to me, but only if that is really what she wants. I looked at the degree plan, and it is awesome. Also, with photography being one of her strengths, she would love their photography program I think.

More news on that front later. Tomorrow is the beginning of what should be a busy and newsworthy week. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!