Spring reflections...

Hi ho, I'm sure that like me, everyone was ready for a change of pace for a few days. It's that time of year, springtime has hit with a vengeance. What a lovely series of days we had for our Easter break. Also, it was particularly nice for me since I got to host the family gathering on Sunday this year. I had 19 over for lunch, and it was great. We had a lovely meal and a whole afternoon to just hang out and enjoy family.

The few days leading up to Easter were busy, but happy. I got a chance to get some errands taken care of and enjoyed a few nice meals out with hubby. The really cool thing that happened is getting an outdoor dining area set up. I had wanted a nice table and chairs that would be comfortable and inviting and covered with a large umbrella.I ended up with one that I really liked. Wish I had a pool to park it next to... maybe I can go somewhere with a great pool this summer!

Speaking of summer, it really isn't far off now. No big summer plans yet, but soon to hatch a few I'm sure! I'm looking forward to the big move across town to the new CCEast in June, and that should be very exciting. I have the Media Arts Camp for middle schoolers coming up in June too. That is always kinda fun and gets young kids interested in taking our classes later on. I know that there are challenges ahead with enrollment in our programs with there being two career centers to fill... the MAC can help us I think.

Looking forward to getting a new week underway - spring always re-energizes me. Flowers are blooming and I have a great frame of mind right now... We have some tours coming through DJCC tomorrow consisting of both counselors and principals from all of the high schools. This will give them a chance to see our classes in action. They need to visit the new center once we have everything going over there too. I am very anxious to get things set up over there. (Although it is going to be sad to say goodbye to DJCC...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!