The "Spam" Talks are Underway!

The majority of my day was spent discussing one of the most challenging products I have assigned for students to promote... SPAM. I don't know why I do these sorts of things to myself, but I am determined to teach these students about advertising and how some products are harder to promote than others, so I chose to have them do a public event to promote Spam. I have to say, today their groups told me their ideas for a promotional event for Spam where they are competiting against each other (a la "The Apprentice") and there are some pretty crafty ideas underway! Some are better than others, of course, but of 11 groups that I met with, no two ideas were the same! Good job!

Other than discussing "a product made from salted pork developed to feed the troops during WWII", today was rather normal. We had a gorgeous spring afternoon and the students at school were mostly in a good mood. For the time of year it is, they are doing fairly well in the motivation department (except for a handful of them). I can always tell who has it in them to do this professionally, because they keep their enthusiasm during the course of the entire year, even during the spring of their senior year!

We had another one accepted to SCAD and offered a scholarship. Ariel Coday is hoping her artistic scholarship offer will get her enough funding so that she can afford to go. She got a $5000 academic scholarship, so if she got another $5000-10,000 - that would help.

Over and out for now. Got more stuff to do today than I can get to, so a short entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!