Energizing Monday!

Today was so much fun with the students. We did some study of the ads for toys from the 50s and 60s, and we had a discussion about how TV advertising has changed as the sophistication levels of kids has increased over the course of the last 50 years or so. It was a really enlightening conversation for me as well as for the kids, I think. It was interesting to talk to this generation of "videogame" kids and for them to hear from me, a member of the 1960s plastic toy generation. It was so amazing how much our imaginations had to play into our lives. The kids now said that they liked to use their imaginations too, but that it wasn't required as much when they were involved with their videogame play. Since we didn't have video games, we had to use our imaginations a higher percentage of the time. I am about the same age as a lot of their parents, so they gave me their perspectives on what kinds of toys they thought their parents played with, and I gave them my perspectives on how my kids' games differed from what I played with as a kid. Good, good discourse in class.

I am looking forward to a peaceful evening at home tonight. I am tired from the weekend even though it was very enjoyable. I look forward to getting some more sleep. I hope to have an exciting entry for you tomorrow. Today's is just short and sweet.

Later, peeps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!