Snow is melting, hearts are warming...

There is still plenty of snow on the ground, but I have heard the subtle dripping sounds of the melting snow all afternoon outside my window. I have been so mesmerized with the beauty of this winter blessing. I know that I would doubtless get tired of snow if we had it all the time like they do in the north, but I have really enjoyed our snowfalls this year. The one that came on Christmas eve that was mostly gone by Christmas night was really magical in terms of the timing of it. I remember driving down the street just watching the gorgeous snowflakes coming down right as night fell. I got a very warm and wonderful feeling this year on Christmas eve, and I feel the same way about this snowfall.

It was the most snow in one winter event that this area has seen in the history of records of that sort being kept. We received over 8". For those who are used to getting 15" at a time that may not seem like much. For Texas, that is really just unheard of! So weather records were set this week, and we got a few days of extra time to do things other than our jobs. It comes at an ideal time for our family, because we are now just a short matter of weeks from the wedding of our eldest son. There is a wedding shower tomorrow, and we are looking forward to attending that. It should be very nice, and is being held at a winery over in Dallas. I can't wait till 7 PM to have a happy time with the family and the new people we are about to become acquainted with. Hailey's aunt in the hostess, and I am looking forward to meeting some more of Hailey's family for the first time. I am sure they are very nice people.

Speaking of wedding news, I think that DJ and Hailey will be joining us for dinner on Valentine's Day (evening meal) as we finalize plans for their rehearsal dinner. We are going to "test drive" some of the places that we are thinking of holding the dinner to see which one of them they like the best. It will be nice to spend more time than we usually get to with them. DJ and Hailey have very little free time these days. They are busy with their jobs and wedding planning and we are busy with our jobs too, so it is rare when we can all four be together. I will probably be going out on Sunday afternoon to choose my "Mother of the Groom" dress, and I have two options that I am strongly considering right now...
Opinions anyone? I guess I will decide this weekend with any luck. And I am betting that it isn't either of these two. I will probably come up with an option that I wasn't even expecting, if it goes like clothes shopping usually goes for me! I have a third dress that I kind of like but Mark didn't like as well... Andi says she likes it, and it was originally the one I had liked the best, but it wasn't totally floor length, so I didn't know if I would get it. It is an evening wedding with full reception and a dance, so I don't know. Here is the third option. I think I like the navy option the best, but it has potential not to look good on me. We shall soon see, I guess. Here is option 3:

Comments

  1. oooh i like them both. I kinda like the one of the right just a bit more. I do like the jacket though... uhh...idk XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your opinion! I really think that it needs to be more formal than the bottom option, so I hope the navy one will look nice on me. If not, I may check an option at Macy's that I found.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!