Rainy days and Mondays...

I don't know why I always get wistful when I see it raining all day. Maybe it's just that old song from the 70s by The Carpenters that seems to play in my head on cold and rainy Mondays.



In case you have never heard the beautiful voice of the late Karen Carpenter, you really should. Press play on the video above, and enjoy. Yep, I'm old, but I refuse to apologize for the music that is ingrained in my soul, and this one is. I always think it's kind of a sad song, but it isn't entirely hopeless. It means that Tuesday isn't far away. On to Tuesday!

Even if today is kind of dreary and drippy, there is one wonderful thing to celebrate. My daughter turned 19 today, and my son turned 22 last Friday. I am very happy to wish them each a happy birthday, and I am very lucky that they are all so near that I get to see them often.

No reason to be sad at all! Turn loose those animated butterflies now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!