My aching back.

It was interesting getting through today to say the least. Usually I'm not much of a complainer. I figure that many people in the world are much worse off than I am in so many ways, it just doesn't make much sense to whine. I have to tell you, it was challenging getting through this day. I've done something to my back, and it hurts like crazy. It almost hurts too badly to be a muscle sprain, it almost feels like a nerve problem. Whatever it is, I have a feeling I will end up in the doctor's office about it. I was on my feet all morning doing presentations at Creek Valley Middle School for their career day, and by the time I left it was pretty bad. I did enjoy being at CVMS though, and I have been asked to come back at another time and speak to the Leap classes about the new Career Center. The Leap teacher was very certain that some of those classes would be a good match for some of her students. It's so much fun for me to get out into the district and meet new people - so much of the time is booked for me with my teaching duties that I don't really get out to meet other people as much as I would like to. Especially this time of year, when things are exceptionally busy.

Students in my advanced class are wrapping up their projects this week for SkillsUSA. I am always happy to get the District contest done so that the students are able to move on to the State competition and other projects. It will be interesting to see how it all goes for the students this year. They have lots of illustration projects, so it will be DJCC mostly in the illustration category as opposed to advertising, but we have several in advertising as well. I'm just looking forward to moving forward with the year.

Tomorrow I will get back to talking about my students more and less about my "old lady aches and pains". I hope that we get snow this week as we are predicted to, that should make for some great photo ops for us all! Snow isn't exactly commonplace in Texas, and we are always kind of excited for a day or two, then mostly we are happy when the sun comes back out and melts it all away. Sorry to hear that the northeast is about to get an additional 15-20 inches of snow. That's why I like Texas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!