Hunter and Rockie: A couple of cool students from advanced class AM section.

There is a guy that I have gotten to know better since last school year when he first took my class in the fall semester, and his name is Hunter. (He is trying hard to rock the glasses, but you should know... there is no glass in those frames. I told him not everyone can pull off the lensed look, but I don't blame him for trying. As we all know, glasses are extremely cool.)


I asked senior Hunter today to tell me his plans for next year, and I got the answer I expected to get, as I know that he is looking to head a different direction than that of a graphic designer. "As of right now, my future isn’t entirely clear to me. Next year I will be attending Texas Tech University and I am planning on an Advertising major. That could change though. I would like to pursue a career in either Advertising or music." Hunter represents a large section of students who come in to take the class as an elective and wind up choosing a field that is related, but not necessarily graphic design. Hunter likes advertising - the business aspects. He seems to enjoy the idea of working for an ad agency and he also loves music. I think his idea of a dream would be to combine those two interests, and there is a strong possibility that Hunter will figure out a way to do that at Texas Tech. The acoustic guitar illustration was completed by Hunter this semester and is entirely vector based. It can be enlarged to any size, and we plan to hang it on the studio wall. Good work, Hunter.



Another advanced student in the morning class, Rockie, gives us her assessment of her future..."Different and unique would have to describe my style or what people would call it nowadays 'SWAGG'. Fashion is basically my life. It’s what I see everyday and what I wear. Ever since I was 9 years old, I’ve always wanted to become a fashion designer. Designing isn’t a task that I do because I have to do it. It is a mission and a job that I could take on everyday. I even sometimes design just for fun. One thing that I can admit is that it can sometimes be annoying when people stare at me when they see something different that I would wear. I thought that they were staring because it was ugly or they straight up hated it. Come to find out they loved it, and never seen anything like that. When I graduate from Lewisville High school, I will attend NYU (New York University). It is a difficult school to get into, but I’m willing to take that risk to get into it. So long dream, hello job!"

As you can tell, Rockie is very excited to have discovered her love of fashion design and plans to follow her goals all the way to the "Big Apple". We wish her the best of luck, and someday I hope I will have some "Designs by Rockie" hanging in my closet. Watch for her... she may wind up on TV someday if I know her! (Project Runway? Don't put it past her!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!