Hebron HS main hallway during TAKS test is not exactly jumpin'.

So this morning the DJCC personnel are assisting at the different campuses and I am assigned to be a hallway monitor for entering students at Hebron HS. I am supposed to greet any students who arrive late for the TAKS testing and to assist them in finding their way back to Suite A to officially check into the school. They are not allowed to proceed back to the "innards" of the building where the testing is going on right now. So far, it seems that things are going swimmingly here, and very few people have even been past here other than custodians and a few seniors from student council who have been summarily dismissed. No seniors allowed today until after we leave Hebron HS! This school has been locked down to everyone not taking the test, and we are the main gatekeepers in the main hallway. So that gives me some time to blog.

It is very unusual for me to have this type of time during the school day. I am usually interacting with students, but today I have been interacting with lots of teachers and administrators at the school. Everyone here has been very friendly and helpful, so it's been kind of a fun change to see different people and talk about different things than normal. I am looking forward to the afternoon though, and seeing the students from the morning class. I am hoping they have an easier time with their schedule than they did on Tuesday. They were kind of hyper and had a hard time sittiing still after a morning of testing or sleeping in, in the case of the senior students. It will soon be the weekend, and I hope the weather stays nice - I have plans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!