Hoping that love is in the air for you...

I have a lot of news about Hailey and DJ to report... what a wonderful weekend for them and for their friends and families. I will write a lengthy entry about their shower and post some photos tomorrow. Until then, I hope that you all are enjoying your day with someone you love. After 32+ years, I am still celebrating my Valentine's Day with the same person, and I feel very happy to be able to say that I have gotten older and grown to realize that it isn't really a day that should be any different than any other day in terms of enjoying the person that you have chosen as your Valentine. I think that every day should be a celebration of the fact that you have someone special in your life. How fortunate you are if you have someone that you can share your life or even a part of your life with. For those who have yet to find that "someone" - well, stay on the search. I have heard it said that there is someone out there for everyone, but that the trick is in the search to find them. Stay on that search, or just wait it out and sometimes when you aren't expecting it...bam, there they are right in front of you. I was friends with my Valentine for 4 years before I discovered that I had fallen in love over time. Now I think that my fondest wish for everyone is that their path in life will merge with someone else's who will bring them happiness if that is what they are open to. In closing for today, here are some words for those fortunate to be friends with the one that they love, like me:

This poem is to thank you for being by my side

For comforting and caring when I was sad inside.

This is for the ways you help and the ways you find to say

I love you and I need you every minute of the day.



The way you take my hand in yours

For all the world to see

That "this one is my special one

Who means the world to me."



You always seem to know somehow

When I could use a smile…

I'm happy just to hear you say

“I'm here…let's talk awhile.”



In decades past we've had our share

Of ups and downs for sure,

But you're the one who stayed around

Never walking out the door.



I love the way you tell me,

“You're my number one best friend,”

I love the way I trust in your love

That you'll be there till the end.



Thank you for the time you give

And for saying, “It's never enough…”

Thank you for listening as I ramble on…

When things at times get tough.



We're in the best years of both our lives

Thirty-two years on this journey together

I want to grow old and stay with you,

I want to love you forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!