The story of the shower and the loooonnng weekend.

The shower that was held at the TimesTen Cellar (a Dallas winery) for my son and his fiance Hailey this weekend was "tres elegante"...very nice indeed. My guess would be around 60 or so in attendance, perhaps more. Rooms can be deceptive in how many they hold, and it was very full. Standing room only for many people there... lots of family, lots of friends. A really nice blend of older and younger people, and a great chance for us to all get to know each other before the wedding next month. Wow, it is hard to believe the time is almost here. We are still busily remodeling the house and finishing plans for who will be staying with us and when they will arrive, etc. I am very glad that quite a few people plan to be there. It is going to be decided this next week where we will be hosting the rehearsal dinner, and right now, it seems that Cool River in Dallas may be gaining favor. We will discuss it with Hailey and DJ next weekend, our dinner with them on Valentine's Day got postponed because DJ got a chance to go to the NBA All-Star game with Hailey and I suggested they do that and we could go out any old time.

Hailey and DJ opened the shower gifts the day after the event at the winery, and they got lots of nice things, mostly registry items. Hailey fits in the family really well with her sense of humor, and she was lots of fun while opening the presents at her parents house. I went over to watch them open their gifts and to take photos. She found a second use for the grillpan she got! (See photo)

I have to include a few more photos of the shower to tell a few "key stories," and one that I really have to put in is the pic of Daniel, DJ's best buddy since (yes, it's true) PRESCHOOL. (DJ left, Daniel right)
They were school pals, went to preschool through high school together, played baseball together, and they were even roomies all their years at Texas A&M where both were marketing majors in the Mays School of Business. These guys are lifelong friends, and Daniel is like a brother to DJ. It seems appropriate that DJ was Daniel's Best Man when he got married last year, and now Daniel is serving as DJ's Best Man at his wedding. I think it is so cool that these two have made it though life together, and that they still seem to love being around each other so much. Now Daniel is going to be a father, and maybe they will have kids that know each other. It is very nice to see friends that stick through thick and thin, and these two have each other's backs for sure.

The picture of the cheese explains the cheesy smile on my face in the photo of me sitting with my hubby. Cheese was everywhere at this shower, and it was delicious! I am watching what I eat, so I limited myself to the white cheeses since I don't get those as often, but I did sample quite a bit of the white cheese. It was so great!

To wrap up my weekend, I went to a bridal shop where my niece Stephanie works, and I purchased my Mother of the Groom dress which fits perfectly and doesn't even need any tailoring at all. I got lucky! Not only does it fit, but it is comfortable as well. I am having shoes dyed to coordinate (but not match) the dress. I don't watch to be all matchy, but it should look nice. The shoes are going to be a color called "lapis" and the dress is kind of a purple color ("eggplant"). It is trimmed in rhinestones and I like it - Stephanie was very helpful at the shop. Thanks Steph!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!