Exhausted...why did I wake up at 4 AM today?

Nobody in a non-agrarian society should be awake at this hour...yet that is precisely when I woke up this morning. 4 AM is the time of nothing better than infomercials. It is actually considerably before even the sun has decided to make an appearance, and therefore, the entire world except the graveyard shift is sound asleep. These are the hours that I rarely ever see anything except the inside of my eyelids, but for some inexplicable reason my body thought it was the time that I should get up and get going today. I tried and tried for several hours to will myself back into unconciousness, which on most "normal" days is not really a problem. Today, no dice. Therefore it is now 10 PM, and I feel like I have been awake for about three days. I really need to keep today's entry short and head to the comfort of my waiting pillow. I promise to regale you with stories of the day at some later date, but this is the most stress filled week of my entire year, due to preparations for the upcoming SkillsUSA competition that we host at DJCC on Friday. I am the District 4 Ad Design technical chair, and I have a lot of responsibility to not only our students in LISD but also surrounding school districts, so it is always one of those weeks when I put in long hours and sleep very little anyway. I hope that I go to bed and pass out right away, because I could sure use some rejuvenating shuteye before tomorrow gets underway. It promises to be a very long day and I have a lot to accomplish before I can sleep again. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!