Goodbyes...

College students are making their way back to school in faraway lands. CalArts, SCAD, Michigan, etc., all across the country. I have had many very nice conversations recently with students who are making their way to college for the first time as well as some who are going back. One thing remains consistent - the joy that I feel knowing that they care enough to come back to high school to visit their old teacher.

I feel so lucky to have a neat bunch of college grads as well as current college students. I try to stay informed about what life is like for each one of them, but I have lost touch with a few. I hope that life is treating them well and that they felt well prepared for the challenges that college life presented them with. Sometimes life is funny, and I get included on some of their great conversations. Today there were 4 alumni here after school along with about 4 or 5 of our current students, just hanging out in the studio with me and enjoying the time together. I got a chance to say farewell to Conner Tozier and Ryan Brownhill. The other day I got to see Ariel Coday and Michael Leng. I have had lots of visitors and have had a great time with them all. Good luck this semester with college, and enjoy the time you have to be a young college student. It flies by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!