What a great Monday we had!

I was just posting on the new class site, ccedesign.blogspot.com and I realized what a great day it had been for a Monday... It is really something else around here. We have an explosively talented group of young advanced students mixed into the afternoon group of beginning designers, and there are already 30 people in this room. It is very exciting to see the potential. It floats around this studio like a golden cloud of "wonderful" and I feel the presence of some amazing yet to be fulfilled possibilities. This year feels like it might be the strongest year yet, and I am slightly hesitant to predict such an outlandish thing... since I have loved so many of the years that I have taught in this district.

But this year feels a little bit special.

I have more really good photographers this year than I can ever remember having before. I am looking at their work on flickr and other portfolio sites, and WOW! Just wow.

I am also proud of Mallory Strong for being a featured photographer on www.PhotoDonuts.com One of the recent fine art portraits that she did as a SCAD Rising Star student this summer is at the top of this page. She is really refined and has a great sensibility behind the lens. I will be writing individually about several students this year, as well as what some former students are currently up to. The list is getting to be a long one! Watch this site as well as the class site to get a good feel for the studio and its inhabitants.

Thanks for dropping by.

Comments

  1. www.photodonuts.com/2010/08/page/3 is the archive link to Mallorys page...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!