It's Spaghetti Western time in Lewisville, Texas

Tomorrow is sure to be a very busy and fun day. It is the yearly Media Arts Review for our students. We are going to have a show at our center that will highlight the accomplishments of our young adults over the course of this past semester, in particular. There will be a few students included from last semester too, but we try to concentrate most of the show on the spring semester advanced classes and their work.This year, it is also a last glance in the rearview mirror for my hubby and me before we relocate to the new career center across the district. It has been an excellent time for us here at Dale Jackson, but it is time for us to move on and do something new and to allow fresh ideas to come to DJCC too. It will be good for all! I always enjoy sitting in the Media Tech lab and watching the students' work go by. I enjoy the buzz of the crowd as the show is ending, and as they walk away talking about things that they saw. (I guess I have a little bit of Hollywood in me after all!)
Speaking of Hollywood, there is a real filmed intro to this year's MAR. The actors in it are the three faculty from Ad Design, Animation and Media Tech, plus five of my students and one each from Media Tech and Animation. The students are cast as players in a spaghetti western opening. There are three cowboys in a showdown, and the other players are a bartender and two floozies, a rich damsel, an undertaker, a storekeeper, a sheriff and a church lady. Of course, I am the church lady! I regret that I can't play a more youthful and fun role, but I have now reached the age that I am cast as the elder lady in the town. I guess my saloon girl days are over. Two of my students are "floozie 1" and "floozie 2", and they loved going to the costume store and finding their outfits for this film. They are both named Amanda and both go to Hebron HS. They had more fun than anyone I think!
We had some great looking cowboys in this film. Good squinty Clint Eastwood eyes and all! I was very happy with how the costuming and the set looked. It was filmed at a ranch in McKinney that had a western set built on the grounds - we rented it for five hours, and we used every available minute. We got all of our shots and finished the last line of dialog on the last tick of the clock. It was amazing how professional our kids were. They were guided by the staff of DJCC plus one awesome former student who helped to direct the entire production, John Hansen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!