Love.

I'm lucky. I get to see love a lot. I see it in my family, I see it in my friends, I even see it in my students. They are such a great bunch of young people, and even though it obviously isn't the same kind of love that I have for my own family, it is still that same warm feeling of familial happiness and care. We all care about each other.
That brings me to the topic of the day - how wonderful it is to have love in your life, and how sad it is when love is missing. The funny thing is, we all have to find it for ourselves in our own time. Love is out there, floating around in the atmosphere - search hard enough, and you will be allowed to find it. I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone or who will be the person for you, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might not be proud of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you. I have been in love for over 34 years now. It is real, and it will not end. That is the kind of love that I wish for everyone. I was so happy watching my son get married because it seems that he has found that for himself too, and that makes me so content. They have each other. It happens early for some people and for many people it happens later on. As I share a few more photos of my son's wedding to Hailey, think about love and what it means for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!