Wedding coming soon!


As wonderful as most of my days are, this one had its challenges.

I am very glad to see the end of day and my cup of warm coffee as I sit in my nice cozy living room.

Another thing that I am happy about today is the wonderful work that has been produced lately by my students. Today we had a large number who competed for a spot on this year's SkillsUSA team. The work that they produced will be reviewed this weekend, and there should be an announcement upcoming on Monday or Tuesday. I will share the work of the top three winners on the blog. I am excited to know who will be chosen to represent DJCC at District 4 competition.

Another thrilling thing that was unveiled today in class was the recent motion graphics work being done by Conner... wow. There will eventually be a copy of his work posted to the blog, but for now, just know it is worth waiting for!

This weekend I hope to start shopping for my "Mother of the Groom" dress and also a few other clothes to wear to showers, etc. That son of mine will be married on March 19th and it will be here before you know it. I hope that I can tell that story as the time gets closer too. Nothing is more important to me than my family, and it is really special to me to know that my oldest has found his wife. She is such a nice young lady, and I found this poem that describes how I feel about this addition to our family:

Welcome To Our Family

© Cappy Giachelli
I wanted to tell you on this day; How much you mean to me; And welcome you with open arms into our family; It was so easy for me to see; Right from the very start The special way you loved my son; The kindness in your heart; Thank you for the happiness; you have brought into his life; I know that he is very proud; to have you as his wife; And on the day that you shall wed; How happy I will be; For my son will gain a loving wife; And a daughter will be given to me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!