Midway through November...now what?

Senior designer Amber Goddard copyright2011
This has been the "strangest" fall I have experienced in many years. For example, today is November 13th. The high temperature was 86 degrees. My daughter was wearing shorts all day and still complaining that it was kinda hot. Think about that for a minute... four degrees shy of 90? I can't really get into the spirit of planning for Thanksgiving dinner yet, and well, it's just days away now.

But that isn't the only reason that this has been an unusual fall. I think that it is very strange how quickly the school year is passing. I know that the Spring semester always seems to go slower than the Fall semester does, but I think that this school year has gotten so far ahead of me that I am surprised by it. The students that I (seemingly) just started to work with will be gone within weeks. We are already turning in 3 week progress reports for the second 9 weeks! Yikes!

I fear that I will blink an eye and we will be graduating another batch of seniors!

Speaking of seniors, this is an extremely talented group. I always think I am lucky to get a great crop of seniors, and I feel that this year I am watching some people develop who are going to be very good designers, illustrators and photographers. I just put together a slide show of the work that has been done recently, and it is very good. I think that the work that we will see by the end of the year may be some of the best that has been done for quite awhile. If they reach their potential...

So having said that, I am more than ready to start a new week and I hope it doesn't race by. I may be one of the few people I know that isn't counting the days until every weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!