This has been such a weird weekend...

Thank goodness I am back at school. This past weekend was one of those very strange times when I felt like it started strange and kept getting stranger as the weekend went on.

The way the weekend started, I should have known that I was gonna have a weird weekend. I had dinner at one of my regular favorite spots, Norma's Cafe. I thought it would be nice to have "breakfast for dinner" with a nice cup of coffee and some quiet time to sit in the booth and play "Words with Friends" and have some light conversation with my husband. It started that way, but it certainly ended differently.

To make a long story tolerable, suffice it to say that I was "trapped" by the ABC show "What Would You Do?" http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/

The scenario we were placed in was this: We were sitting in the booth and in walked a couple who were on a pleasant date. The man happened to be black, the young lady he was with - white. I didn't even notice them, and continued with my coffee drinking. In walked a young white guy and sat at the table between us and the couple. Soon he was interacting with them and making comments that grew progressively louder and more offensive. Soon he had my attention and the attention of the hispanic couple in the booth behind us. I was drawn into conversation with this comment: "I'm just saying what everyone else here is thinking, am I right?" and I said "No, you're an ***hole." That caused the restaurant din to stop and drew the ire of the couple behind us, and soon I was very angry at this scene. It was probably designed to draw the ire of the general public in a very dramatic way, and so it did.

Once the scene had been set, here came John Quinones and his camera crew, lights and boom mikes everywhere, and they surrounded our booth and the couple behind us. Interviews ensued, and we will all be on the show in May, unless our segment hits the cutting room floor before other taped segments. What an experience. It only goes to show, once you think you have settled into a comfortable routine - life tends to shake things up for ya!

The rest of the weekend was off center for me as well. I am glad to have another week underway so that perhaps maybe things will become more as I expect them to be.

Comments

  1. OH MY! That is crazy! I hope you are having a better week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!