Oh don't worry people, Crystal Bowersox will be around.

Well, I like American Idol. I've watched it religiously since Kelly Clarkson (of Burleson, Texas!) won it the first season. I liked it even during the Ruben Studdard and Fantasia years that followed. I would not buy a record by either of them, haven't bought an album by Kelly Clarkson since her first one, and frankly - I usually don't listen to any of the American Idols too often after they win. I think the spirit of competition that drives the show is what really appeals to me. I just can't stop watching even if I don't like the singers too much when they make commercial pop records after the show ends.

I think that there was a singer this season that I will actually be buying a record from, and one whose career I think might have some appeal and some staying power. (Some would say that Carrie Underwood is another, and I would probably have to agree. Not so much on any of the other winners of the past.) The singer I liked so much this season was Crystal Bowersox. She was just about impeccable. She isn't glamourous looking or flashy, but she is uber-talented. She has been that way consistently since she was first seen on the show, and it was amazing how gracious she was tonight when she lost as the final results of American Idol were announced. She never lost her smile, and I think that she had to be at least a little bit taken aback by the announcement that her friend, Lee Dewyze had won the season. She was incredibly mature and classy during the entirety of the show, no matter what the commentary during the judges' responses, and she was in most people's assessment, the front runner from "day one". Raw talent oozes from every pore. She will have a great career because I think she will make great decisions about what to record and where she fits. She knows herself better than most AI contestants do, and she is a songwriter. She will sing a lot of her own songs and they will be great. I can't wait. If you haven't taken any time to hear her, enjoy this clip. And buy her records. She deserves the support. I enjoy Lee Dewyze too, so it was really a no-lose season, but Crystal was my personal favorite. Seacrest out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!