My favorite nanny/media planner!

Up till today, my favorite nanny of all time has always been Mary Poppins. You can ask anyone I know, that movie has always been in my top favorites list and I can still sing ALL of the songs from the soundtrack. (Julie Andrews is like a goddess as far as I am concerned.) Well, she is going to have to move aside now, because I have a new favorite nanny. Her name is Katherine Venable, DJCC ad design class of 2006. She recently graduated from the advertising program at the University of North Texas, and next Tuesday she gets on a plane and flies to the UK to begin her internship with Publicis UK in London. This has been a dream of hers for a long time, and she made it come true! I am so incredibly proud of her that I could pop. I can't wait to hear what her future holds, because I think that they will love her at Publicis and she will be offered a position to work in London. It is going to be a challenge for her, because she is going to be a live-in nanny to earn money to pay her way over there. She seems up to the task and ready for the challenge though. I went to Katherine's bon voyage party this afternoon at her home in Copper Canyon, and it was fun to see her surrounded by friends and family and so excited! She was so sweet to invite me - after quite some time apart, it was like we had never skipped a day! I enjoyed being there, though I wasn't able to stay a very long time it was great to be able to tell her goodbye. I know she will have a great growing experience and is off on the road to a very successful career. She told me she is wanting to be a media planner, and I know that she will be good at that.

(She will be good at whatever she ultimately ends up doing, because she has a positive attitude and a people-centered life.) Maybe one of these years I will visit England again and pop by Publicis to visit. It would be so great to see a DJCC alum working in such a place! I'm just thrilled that she made such a good impression on them during her internship interview. That was step one! Other DJCC students were there to wish her well too - Michael Van Natta, who graduated the year after her, and then also Mercy Lomelin who graduated from DJCC last year and current DJCC student, Conner Tozier. It was nice to get a chance to catch up with Michael and Mercy too. (Conner is still with me every day, but it was nice seeing him as well!) Also, her brother David is a student of mine right now and he will be graduating in June.

It will undoubtedly be a big switch for Katherine to be at Publicis and adjusting to that world plus changing locales in a fairly drastic way... I'm sure that Hamel Hempstead, UK is going to be much different than Texas in terms of daily life. However, it is making me feel very happy for her, just knowing all that she will learn going through all of this. What an independent young woman! Happily, she does have some experience in London, because her mother is British and therefore, Katherine is part British too!

I am looking forward to corresponding with Katherine during her stay at Publicis and asking her about her experiences. My students in the future will benefit from her European experience now. I was interested to find out that her interest was in Media Planning now. She had once been interested in graphic design, then marketing, then advertising (account exec) and now it is media planner. It takes some experience until you know where you fit best, and so it is good that she knows herself. Bon voyage Katherine, and godspeed. Only the best to you, enjoy teatime, and have a few crumpets for me! Cheerio!

Comments

  1. Great! to become a media planner after spiking numerous options. But now its good that we have a great Media Planner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!