My birthday weekend.

My birthday is coming up on Monday, so the gift that I am giving to myself is a weekend full of rest and relaxation before the final push to the end of the semester. I have decided that I will try to get some time to spend alone, doing things that I want to do. One of the things that I have decided to do this weekend is spend some time reading. I haven't been sleeping well during the night lately, but for some reason have been able to sleep really well during the late evening hours. (From about 8:00 until I inexplicably wake up around 11 PM and can't get back to sleep until around 3 AM). Weird stuff. Anyway, during the time that I normally spend reading, I have been sleeping, so I have some catching up to do.

This was actually a great week, the students were fun and full of energy. My morning group went out and shot some photos that made me laugh, and I would like to share them with you gradually over the next several days. There are too many of them for one entry, so get ready to follow the adventures. There is a bear in my classroom that one of my seniors from last year gave to me on the last day of school. It sits there, lording over the studio every day, and some of my students decided it needed an excursion - sort of a field trip. So we were "Minus the Bear" for awhile (ha.) The shot that really makes me laugh is their "faux band pose", shot in the grassy area next to the school. Such a heightened sense of the absurd in these kids! I love the bear so much, and it is really fun to see what he did on his morning out. Although he did have a little trouble climbing the chain link fence, he made it back to class safely. Tune in again tomorrow to see more of what the bear did that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!