Exciting news for senior Cason Hallock.

In the last few days, I have been thrilled to learn about a great opportunity for one of our seniors, advanced class student from Hebron HS, Cason Hallock. Cason has been asked to be a contributing photographer for the official publication of the American Institute of Architects in Dallas. This publication is a magazine called "Columns" and Cason has been in correspondence with the art director there recently with regard to their publication of the image below.



This image was taken a few weeks ago during our Tuesday photography field outing. A small group of photographers goes out on Tuesday afternoons to shoot out in the field, bringing back photos to be checked for their portfolio and matted for our photography exhibition. This one was spotted by Ms. Sparks from AIA Dallas, and this letter was sent to Cason...


"I’m always looking for photos for our magazine, Columns. I look for photos that are architectural in nature, considering our publication is largely about the arts and architecture of the DFW area. My only caveat is that they have to be local, Dallas/Ft. Worth buildings, streetscapes, etc. Do you plan to shoot more local and architecturally significant buildings/scapes in the future? If so, I would certainly like to see your work. If you’d like a sense of the kind of images we use in the magazine, you can view our online archive here: http://www.issuu.com/aiadallas.


What do you think, would you be interested? If we publish your work, I will of course credit your name, and mail you some extra copies for your portfolio."


Kerrie Sparks

Communications Coordinator


Art Director, Columns magazine
AIA Dallas
Dallas Center for Architecture


Now that Cason has started to do artistic photos of architecture, it seems that it is likely that he will bring back some great shots from our upcoming field trip on May 20th in Denton. We are going to see some great architecture on that trip, and his portfolio will continue to become more and more impressive.
I asked Cason to explain how he first got interested in photography, and here is his answer...


"My uncle is the one that inspired me to get into photography and buy a DSLR but I've always had an appreciation for photography and have always loved nature and being outside, finding the little details that make up all that nature is. Nobody sees anything the same way and my favorite part of photography is showing people the way I see things."

In a particularly touching addendum to the explanation of his beginnings in the field of photography, he said this to me - and if you want to know why teaching is gratifying, you will read this comment carefully so that you can imagine how great it makes me feel.

"Oh and I wanted to thank you for allowing us to go out on these photo adventures during the school day. Without your help and encouragement these past two years I don't think I would have had this opportunity to have my work in a magazine. Just thought you should know that I'm very thankful for all you do."

Cason, all I ask in return is for you to go out, be creative, and enjoy your career in photography. It is sure to be a good one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!