Looking back and looking ahead.

Things are really beginning to happen for the new Career Center East now! I am in discussions about the equipment needed at the new facility, and it is always interesting to see how new labs can efficiently and effectively be configured to keep progressing as requirements become steeper. The lab at CCE and actually, all the labs at CCE will be very up to date since they are new "out of the box" labs. The conversation today revolved around processors and software specs, much too boring to discuss here, but that was my afternoon. It looks to be my afternoon on Monday as well, when we are having an in-depth meeting about these issues with LISD technology. I am looking forward to getting all of these technology issues decided so that the lab can "come to life" soon!


In other news, I have been much busier this week than any other week in recent times. I am glad to see the arrival of the weekend so that I can recharge a little. Lots of work has stacked up for me during the week, and so I will still have about 4 hours of work to do this weekend, but I will feel better next week if I go up tomorrow morning, attack it, and get it taken care of. Several big projects and events are upcoming. There is another tour group coming through next Tuesday, then a group of counselors on the 6th of May. Before that, I have a marketing event on the 5th with the students. There is a style show for cosmetology coming up on the 24th too, and I guess I am going to be helping on that. Also, the Media Arts Review is coming, and the field trip in May.  I have agreed to help with marketing for the high school graduations this year to help out our Media Tech department, so that will require me to attend all five LISD graduations. Lots of stuff upcoming... I guess spring semester is always hectic, but this year the pace is really frantic with the new career center and the move across town becoming more present in my mind by the day. Within the next few weeks, the interviews will be conducted for the DJCC job that I will be leaving. It'll be great to see how that goes as well. I am very tired on this Friday evening, and with a little extra sleep tonight I should be good to go tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to a beautiful day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!