Yea, I'm a nerd. So what?



OK. There may still  be some people out there that empathetically say... "no, no, really - I know much bigger nerds than you." However, I am not really sure about that. I fell in love the minute I saw this commercial, and really, it is ok. You can call me a technology nerd and I am fine with that. Will I purchase an iPad? I am hoping to. I think it looks like a great little gadget. Part of it depends on how much it will cost per month. Right now I keep hearing it will be an unlimited plan for $29.99 a month contract-free. That sounds rational, but if it is more than that, I don't know. They need to keep it affordable. I just think that as much as I am on the move and as much as I like to do the stuff that is currently on my iPhone, I will really enjoy the iPad. I think that just storing and retrieving music and photos on it would be fantastic. I guess I won't really know until I get one in my hands though. I feel sure that the iPad will speak to me...

Like I said, I'm a nerd.

Anyway, today I got some awesome news... one of my junior students is going to go to SCAD to be a part of their one week summer seminar. Abby Hoedebeck is going there to study photography with SCAD faculty on June 20th for a week - she hopes to gain more knowledge and grow as a photographer as well as explore the darkroom for the first time. Sounds like Abby is in for a great experience! I have a feeling that she will come back and start taking photos like a real pro after spending time with those folks at Savannah.

Over the weekend, there was a very nice wedding shower for my very soon to be daughter-in-law, Hailey. She is holding a little bouquet made from bows off her shower gifts that she is going to use at the wedding rehearsal! She is such a sweet girl, and as I have said before - I am looking forward to a week from next Friday when we have her officially in the family. Hailey Harman has a nice ring to it - don't you think? We are busier now than we have been in a long time with work and preparations for the wedding - getting organized for the final push over the weekend... I think good ol' Pops is planning to come over and help paint the back room on Saturday so that we can have the back room carpeted next Monday. After that, we have a cleaning team coming on Tuesday of next week and then... ta-daa! Guests begin to arrive! Rehearsal and dinner on Thursday and wedding on Friday! Then Hailey and DJ are off to the Bahamas. I know they are looking forward to the getaway, and I know Mark will be very relieved when his work on the house is once and for at least awhile, done. We will then just sit down and enjoy our clean and remodeled home. It won't be perfect for the wedding, but it will be much better than it was. We just want it to be somewhat ready for people to stop in. I hope that I won't be doing a lot of entertaining, but I am sure that there will be some. Most of the entertaining will be done during the rehearsal dinner at Via Real and elsewhere. I am very glad that the house will be available for some entertaining though. I am looking forward to seeing the Piazza where the wedding will be - it looks wonderful from the photos I have seen. I have ended today's entry with a photo of the reception hall from their website. On one upcoming entry I will tell the full story of the Piazza. It is interesting how this venue came into existence. We are very fortunate to be able to enjoy this fairytale experience with our son and daughter-in-law to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!