My day away from school...

I was off school today to do some guest speaker duties for Texas Education Agency. Months ago I was invited to Austin to participate in a "Train the Trainers" session where we went over all of the changes coming in Texas education and Career and Technical Education specifically. Today I was asked to speak with Lynne Cox (and Mr. Mark Harman!) at the Region XI education service center - it was pretty easy really. Instead of going all morning and then taking a break for lunch and then coming back, we decided to plow through until the end and take a late lunch. So it was a little shorter day than expected! That was a good thing, because it gave Mark a little extra time to do some work on the house late in the afternoon. We were home by around 4:30 this afternoon. The presentation went well, in fact the guy in charge said that our presentation was the best that they had ever had on this topic. So good for us!

It is very busy for us, and right in the middle of all of this we have our school open house tomorrow night. I need to get out of there as soon as I possibly can tomorrow night, even though I usually stay around and talk extra to parents. I need to cut it a little shorter than I sometimes do. Mark is taking Thursday off to work on the house again, and that will be a very important day. Still lots to do before wedding day! Hmm...

Pops and Scott deserve some special praise. I am so thrilled that they have volunteered to come over on Saturday and help Mark finish up by painting the wall of the back room. That will really help Mark a lot. I am planning to spend Saturday going around buying sheets and bedspreads for the two new beds. We are moving Andi's old bed out into the office for Tim, and we are setting up a new queen sized bed in the new guest room (Andi's old room). By the end of the weekend, things should be in pretty good shape I would think. DJ is home this evening clearing out the back room of all of his things. I believe he and Hailey gain access to their new apartment this Friday. That means that he can take some of his stuff over there - and out of here. Hurray!

Life is moving along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!