Charlotte, intrepid artist and renaissance chick.

Today I would like to feature one of our advanced class students, Charlotte, a senior who attends Marcus HS. This is a girl who never slows down! She is a very hard worker and never stops thinking of ways to be creative. She visited France over the recent winter break and is always working on some interesting project. Her words regarding her artistic motivation:

"Myself as an artist? This is something I really can't quite tell you at this point. I would, of course, tell you about me as an artist if I really knew myself. Art is much less a hobby than it is the way I am and the way I do everything in my life. I have been to foreign places and lived in different countries but my attraction to art has remained the same. My most particular talent is my willingness to venture out of the box. I have gone through lots of different courses in school to always keep my mind going. One genre of art is not enough for me. I have designed theatrical productions and sets and watched my ideas come to life on the stage. I have welded some entertaining sculptures. I have taken paintbrushes and painted - done multimedia layered pieces. I want to apply my ideas to everything and anything that I can get my hands on."

Many students in my class have multiple interests and talents, and Charlotte is one of those who is always thinking, always creating. She is working toward completing her layered multimedia piece for the illustration category of SkillsUSA. She has consistently been one of the students who I can count on to help and to be able to step into any grouping of people and always be able to work with them. She is friendly with a warm smile for all of us every day (you can count on that) and one of those students who I predict will have a great deal of success in the future. Charlotte, we are lucky to have had you in the program for two semesters and look forward to seeing where all of your talent will take you.

In other news today, the students in the beginning class were engulfed in learning new Photoshop techniques, photo retouch (glamourization), and more distortion lessons using typographic elements and vector shapes. They will get back to group meetings tomorrow, and after several days of learning software, it will be a nice change to get some face time with classmates. The advanced class continues working toward their goals on project completion. The amount of traditional art being produced is more than any year in recent memory. Cody is painting using coffee and chocolate for his brown washes, and there is a lot of drawing going on. This will be a very big illustration year for DJCC, it seems. In fact, there are very few advertising pieces because the students do that so much in class when I design the projects that they choose illustration when they are able to design their own. That is logical to me.

Tomorrow is another day, and I look forward to featuring another student and telling another story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!