Uh oh, time for more words to come out now!

Well, a few more things have been happening, so I guess I need to get busy writing.

First of all, and most important - it is Pi Day today! Does that mean I ate pie?

Well, yes it does.

The diner up the street.
I had eaten a lot of veggies today, and so I gave myself permission to eat a piece of fruit pie for dinner. I rarely ever eat pie (to my eternal sadness) because I have diabetes. I did eat it and thoroughly enjoyed it and I feel that I should give credit for it...I just drove down to good ol' Mama's Daughter's Diner up on Hebron to pick up a slice. Apple Crumb pie and a good cup of coffee at home for dinner.

Many years, I would make a pilgrimage on Pi Day: sometimes to Emporium pies, or to Buttermilk Sky, or to Judy's in Grapevine. This year I wanted to stay closer to home and so I just did the easiest thing possible. I have to say, they did not disappoint!

Apple Crumb pie!
Other than pie, another thing that brought me some real happiness today was the beautiful sunshine that north Texans got to enjoy. We were all treated to light, lilting winds and pleasant warm temperatures. So warm that we could all get away with no jackets and if so inclined, could've even worn shorts today. It was the kind of day that makes me super happy to live in Texas. On the news every night, I am seeing people in the northeast suffering through blizzard conditions. It seems like it is
a bit unfair, but that is why I have always chosen to stay in Texas. I couldn't deal with the snow that they get up there. And for those who are thinking about Texas summers? I can only say, that is why California, and the great north exists! For me to escape to when the temperature gets beyond what I can stomach in August.

My heart goes out to you if you are spending the first part of spring on skis. I'm sure you will be as empathetic to us in Texas in August when you have beautiful summertime when we are aflame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Lighting a candle.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!