Home.

More lights every day! CCE
I am in my studio today surrounded by a wide variety of students who are doing various things. I have my "hard working and diligent" Trevor who is hanging lights from the rafters in here. I have my group of several other students, who are drawing and some who are talking and joking. But the funny thing is that I have seven people here voluntarily and it is almost 5 PM. (I even have an animator in here!)

This studio has turned into one of those places that stays active until I say it is time to call it a day on most days. I love that...it has taken a year and a half, but it has gotten to be kind of like DJCC was for the students that went there back in the day. Not just a class, but a place to belong. I am very satisfied to see that the studio culture is settling in and that lots of people WANT to be here into the evening time. It is good preparation for how things will be for them when they go to college and design school. Sometimes it takes awhile for a group of students to feel that they have a second home, and I feel that many of our students feel that way about being at CCE. Good for us!

In other news, as it gets closer and closer to the holidays, I find myself feeling more relaxed and I am looking forward to time off school and closer to home and my family. I love to simply sit in my living room with a good cup of coffee and a fire in the fireplace, doing not much else but enjoying the fact that I am home. Kathleen Norris once said, "Peace: that is the other word for home." That is what I am trying to convey. Home is where I feel the most comfortable, but it doesn't have as much to do with the structure itself, it has to do with the people. The peaceful feeling that comes with being around those who truly do understand me the most. My kids, my husband, parents, brothers... the ones who I have grown up with and have had my most important times with. That is home to me.

My "other kids" have helped me to create a studio home though, and that is nice too. I feel lucky to feel that feeling of home no matter where I am, and I truly do believe that other thing that Kathleen once said about home..."Home ought to be our clearinghouse, the place from which we go forth lessoned and disciplined, and ready for life." 

Bingo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!