Since my last post...

Several "firsts" have occurred since the last time I posted. I missed the first day of the school year with the beginning of the school year "crud" and I feel like my immunity system has been exposed to plenty of germies already! Ha! I know we have had a few cases of gastrointestinal distress that proved to be pretty serious. Ugh.

More pleasantly, we have had some gorgeous September weather too. That's VERY nice.

There have been some very nice surprises in the studio in terms of some talents that are coming to light. I like the students this fall, they are very interesting and diverse. Maybe a little younger than I have taught for awhile, but that is interesting. I think that many of these students may just be around here for multiple years.

It's a little bit hard to believe that we are almost halfway through September and we have the first three weeks of school in the can. I would say that we have done very well getting this year started successfully here in high school.

My college students are all back in classes now, and my college grads are in interesting jobs and loving their lives. I am so lucky to know so many people. Not all of the college grads that have stayed in touch are in graphic design, but many of them are. It's kind of stunning how many creative folks I have as friends and former students... Colleagues. I've run into some former students on the LISD faculty. That is either a sign that I was an infant teacher or (sadly) that I may be getting a lot older. (I vote for option 2.) But in either case, it's interesting every day.


Christina: pre-babies!

Izzy and Ava

I have a couple of college grads who had their careers very successfully underway, who have chosen to become mothers in the past year: one was Brenda, an art director at Leo Burnett in Chicago, the mother of twins, Ava and Izzy. Another was Christina, working here in Dallas for Switch Creative http://www.groupswitch.com/ who just 6 months ago had triplets (!) Oliver, Zoey, and Quinn. So two students, two husbands, two careers on hold, and FIVE kids! See what I mean about my interesting students?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!