The reasons why "life is great."

I really feel like I have a great life.

I get that fact brought back home to me periodically when I get to hear great things from some of my students. I heard some really nice comments from some of my students as last semester was wrapping up, and I have heard some more as this semester has gotten underway. I am a big fan of positivity in general, but I need to take a short pause today to thank a few of my former students for making my day the other day.

I was on Facebook and noticed that a few of them were discussing that even though they were no longer in my class, they still found themselves reading the class blog. I was so happy to know that they had each taken a little piece of this class with them.

When I was in high school, I was so relieved to see most of my classes end, but there were a few that left me with something special. A friend, maybe some tidbit of knowledge that actually was interesting and seemed valid to my life, or maybe it was merely warm feelings toward the teacher... but frankly, I could list those particular classes on one hand.

To have students remember my class fondly is a very important goal of mine, and I want to have a positive relationship with all of my students. I feel blessed that it has proven to be a goal that I have been fairly successful at attaining over the years, and am trying to maintain my first year at this school.

Even if my SUBJECT isn't the one that they end up loving, they at least took something important from the class. That may be as simple as the fact that they met a kindred spirit or learned to work with people who are very different than they are. It's kinda beautiful, actually.

Thanks kids for making me and many other adults around here believe that the world is going to be in good hands when you take charge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!