I have made a really big decision as of today. Thanks to the late George Carlin.

So I have decided to write a story. The story will be about the life I have led. I guess if I were famous, I might call it a "memoir", but that seems a bit presumptuous for someone who is just a lady who has led what most would call a normal life.

I will figure out what the title is later, and I will figure out another word for this than "memoir" too. I promise. But the first thing that I need (I remember this from my own seat time in my high school and college English classes - thanks teachers!) is an outline. So, first things first. And off I go.

Before I go, let me just tell you why I am thanking George Carlin. I was reading the forward to his autobiography (unfinished before his death, and a friend had to take the project over.) I read a startling sentence. He started it at age 50. It took him a very long time to get partway done. I feel a bit of urgency now that I am over 60 years old. So...it's a project long overdue.

I don't know if it will be interesting to many, but being the person I am, I don't mind writing it for the few who will be interested. I have the time to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!