If all my retirement is as busy as the first few weeks, then I am going to be one active Grandma.


Wow.

I mean, that is all I can say.

I have had two retirement parties, weekend getaways, time to sleep in and time to have lots of summer fun with my grandkids. I just got back from a weekend away in Oklahoma at a sweet little cabin in McCurtain County at Broken Bow. Just a way to decompress with the hubby and two dogs. It was fun and we had some quiet time to reflect and talk.

That is undervalued in life, I think. I appreciate that quietude more and more all the time.

We had a chance to discuss what we want to do in our new studio, currently being planned, and what kind of work will be rewarding for us both. We talked about things that would be benecial to us and our grandkids as shared experiences. We also reflected on the wonderful family that we have built and how proud we are of how they are such good people at heart.

Life feels good right now.

My parents are 80 years old, and they are still so vital and fun. They love each other after over 60 years of marriage. We are all inspired by the example that they set for our family to follow. Keep watching the blog for an account of what I know about their lives together and about who they were before they found each other. I hope to write a narrative of those things later in the life of this blog.

Lot of new content to come, and a daily post on a singular topic is on the agenda for me in my retirement. Stay with me, and watch as the blog grows and develops with all original content the rest of the way. All work within the blog will be my photography or design or illustration.

Fun times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!