The holidays are just...too much!

OK, so those last looming days before it all hits.

What is there to panic about really? Surely not the piles of dirty laundry that I have to do or the grades that I need to record and report before the break. Or the fact that I think I have a precious doggy at my house that is in the process of losing her eyesight? I shouldn't worry about that stuff, right? And yet somehow I do.

Why do we get so "wrapped up" in ourselves and our own problems at the holidays? It really should be a time to forget those things and just enjoy life. So I try.

I have a great deal to face these last few days of class before our long holiday. I am taking them each one step at a time. I am looking forward to seeing the group of friends that will gather up in the studio on Thursday evening for our Ugly Sweater party. It should be great! I am also hopeful that I will still have time to shop for the things that are on my family's list - Mark likes to do it at the last minute, so we usually head out the last few days possible to see what we can get. It isn't as hard now as it was when all the kids were little and they just HAD to have a certain thing for Christmas. Now it's more about being together. I like that.

So everyone enjoy the uproar, it'll soon be another Christmas in the books. Then we look forward to... hmm. A long, cold, winter. Brrrrrr!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!