...And in the Beginning...

These are interesting times for me, and as such, I think it is appropriate to begin doing something that I have wanted to do for quite some time. I don't dare to believe that this blog will become an interesting blog for everyone out there in the wide world of blogging. However, it is my belief that what I have to share will be of interest to certain people. I am getting older now, my nest at home is all but empty, although I retain a couple of great dogs and a wonderful man who has been my partner in life throughout our lives since the age of 18... and this is a great time for me. I have reached a point of near bliss in my existence. I have most of everything I have ever dreamed of or wanted and I am very content in so many ways. So if you are looking for a blog with incessant cynicism and "why me?isms" it is probably only a few mouse clicks away, but definitely not here.

I begin with a quick rundown on what I anticipate the first few posts should contain, and that is a description of what you can expect to find as you check my page. I am a person who kept journals daily throughout the course of the first 18 years of my life and spottily from that point on until my mid 30s. I grew very accustomed to writing about things that were important to me and that was ingrained into my very being. I dropped the ball as life grew more complicated, and I concentrated my time and effort on other things... building a career, raising three children, and frankly, working to get to the point where I feel I am now.

Success.

It was worth working for.

Twitter has provoked me to get to this point. I have found lots to enjoy about Twitter (user name? Adteacher) but its brevity provides me with a handicap. The character limit is good, or it would not be what it is... a great tool for generating quick thoughts on the move. But I find I reach the limit and can't even afford a period at the end of my sen... whoops, character limits can be a handicap too. So here I am at blogging now, a digital form of journaling, but with a decidedly public audience. If anyone out there decides to follow me, then I thank you for flattering me with your interest in my story. If all this accomplishes is allowing me to brandish my wordsmith's sword occasionally, as my journals did all those years ago, then mission accomplished. I have re-lit the flame under one of my creative outlets and allowed myself the luxury of self published ramblings.

The story will be primarily about the work that I do, the people I know and the people I don't know but am interested in, and intertwined with those things is necessarily the more personal story of me. I hope that you will enjoy it and check in when it fits your mood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The happiness train is back on track today!

A new topic...Mark has been facing a new challenge.

Conner keeps hitting them out of the park!